[bcbirdclub] Birds, Deer and Foxes and Flying Squirrels

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buchanan County Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:51:32 -0500

Hi All,
These past few days several species have moved into the area here on the
mountain - 7 Rusty Blackbirds, 2 Fox Sparrows, 5 Purple Finches, 2 Common
Grackles and 112 Red-winged Blackbirds.
The night has been busy too with two foxes coming to get what I toss them from
the kitchen window. A Flying Squirrel has been coming to the suet feeder, and 5
deer have been coming into the yard. This Buck came out this morning, and I was
able to take some photos.
Here are photos of the deer and Flying Squirrel. The Flying Squirrel's eyes
look pink because of the flash.

More pictures of the deer can be seen at http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/buck

JPEG image

JPEG image