[bcbirdclub] Birding the Breaks this coming Saturday

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rogermayhorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 23:35:00 -0400

On our BCBC calendar of Events for this year we have a scheduled birding
outing in the Breaks Park this Saturday, October 10. This outing will
replace our monthly scheduled meeting because our meeting place, the
Buchanan County Public Library, will be closed for the holiday on Monday
October 12, which is our scheduled BCBC meeting date.

We will meet at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday at the Breaks Lodge/Restaurant parking
lot. For those who want to eat breakfast at the lodge it opens for breakfast
at 7:00 a.m.

We will bird until noon. There is the possibility of migrating waterfowl on
Laurel lake and the Beaver Pond. In the past during October we have had
Great Blue Herons, Great Egrets and even a flock of Double-crested
Cormorants. We may see flocks of Palm Warblers and Chipping Sparrows that
are passing through at this time.

At the moment the weather forecast is calling for rain on Saturday, but that
could change as the weekend approaches.

If you are planning to attend the outing, please let me know by this
Thursday.

Roger Mayhorn - BCBC President