[bcbirdclub] Birding Holston Lake

  • From: Michael Sanders <hawk036@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Birdclub <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 23:22:41 -0400

I went out with the family and in-laws on South Holston Lake on April 1st 2015,
while out we came across a few good species including 7 Common Loons and about
1000 Ring-billed Gulls scattered about the lake. We also found a good number of
Double-crested Cormorants on what is know as Cliff Island, I estimated 200 plus
birds, I took photos of them taking flight and in the photographs I could
easily count 50 plus birds, the pics didn’t come close to covering the number
of Cormorants that took flight. Today 04-02-2015 I found a Gull with a Black
Head that I can only assume was a Bonaparte’s, I didn’t have time to study it
more. It was a good day to be out.

Mike Sanders
List For Buchanan County Bird Club
website: www.bcbirdclub.org