[bcbirdclub] Berea Woods - Berea, Kentucky - Sept. 25th

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:01:57 -0700 (PDT)

Buchanan Birders,

Chazzy and I made a quick trip out to Berea Woods this morning.  The  temps
were
in the 60's and made for perfect hiking weather.  Best bird  of the day was a
Sharpie that came over my head and crashed a warbler  feeding flock party.  I
don't think he was successful but I heard the  wind off his wings as he came
by.
Best warblers were a Cape May and a  Magnolia.  Lots of RB-Grosbeaks which were
a change from my last hike  here.  Monarchs were seen everywhere at the
overlooks.  For those interested here is the link to my hike pictures:

http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/berea7

Ed Talbott, III
Richmond, KY

P.S. - It took almost 5 years but my Pbase site now has had over  1,000,000
hits.  I've got 5,500+ pics on there and the main page is  located at:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/root