[bcbirdclub] Baby Bluebirds - Yellow Warblers

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 14:29:46 -0700 (PDT)

Buchanan Birders,

We have five little bluebirds in one of our boxes.  The other keeps getting a
bit of grass in it now and then but no nest building.  I did clear one wasp
nest from the empty box though.  We've got wrens in our Williamsburg Pot but no
eggs yet.  I also checked the Abelias for active Song Sparrow nests but only
found last year's nests.

I heard a Yellow Warbler at the Garden Creek campus of UACP this morning and
then heard my first Yellow Warbler here in our yard when I got home.  We're
also getting Wood Thrush singing in the evening.

Ed and Michelle

Be a better friend, newshound, and