[bcbirdclub] BCBC Outing - Breaks Park - Saturday

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 21:12:00 -0400

Since the Buchanan County Public Library will be closed on Monday the 8th for
Columbus Day, the Buchanan County Bird Club will NOT have its regular monthly
meeting, but there will be a club outing on Saturday, October 6th at the Breaks
Park. We will meet at 8:00 a.m. at  the lodge parking lot. For those who would
like to have breakfast at the lodge it opens at 7:00.

We will bird the park and possibly nearby areas in search of the newly arrived
Red-breasted Nuthatches, late warblers, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Swainson's,
Wood and Gray-cheeked Thrushes, returning sparrows and migrating hawks. We may
be lucky enough to see an eagle, Peregrine Falcon or an Osprey flying through
the gorge. Bring a lunch or buy your lunch at the lodge or at the barbecue
place nearby.

All are welcome at BCBC meetings and outings. Membership is not required.
We hope to see you there.
Roger Mayhorn - BCBC President