[bcbirdclub] BCBC Newsletter

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buchanan County Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:28:42 -0500

Hi Everyone,
As some of you may have noticed, no BCBC newsletters have been forthcoming in
the last few months. I have to take the responsibility for that. I have gotten
behind. In addition we have had some technical difficulties, but everything
seems to be in working order now.
Here is a link to a newsletter that spans the months of June - September 2007,
so as you can see I am still behind, but hope to catch up soon.
http://www.bcbirdclub.org/newsletters/Jun07NL.htm

You will also notice on the new newsletter a new graphic and heading, thanks to
the hard work and computer expertise of Don Carrier. The club owes Don a boat
load of thanks for the many BCBC projects he is working on, and especially for
continuing to host the BCBC site at his expense. Just recently Don spent 8
hours working on a computerized map that allows the user to move a 15 mile
diameter CBC circle anywhere on the map. The map is so detailed that it shows
even small county roads that would normally not be found on anything except
perhaps a Delorme or local county map. With this map BCBC members can decide
where the new CBC circle for Buchanan County should be located.  At the click
of a mouse the circle can be shifted to take in the areas most desired for a
Christmas Bird Count, while at the same time the user can see neighboring CBC
circles. Once the area has been chosen the circle can be locked in.

Thanks to those who are posting the birds seen in their areas. That allows
others on the list to see what is going on throughout the county and
surrounding areas.