[bcbirdclub] Austin Springs, Musicks Campground, Osceola Island

  • From: "Mike" <hawk036@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 14:18:22 -0500

Went to Austin Springs, Musicks Campground, and Osceola Island this morning
with Gary Cooper. We were able to see the hummer at Musicks this morning; I
hope it is determined which one it is so I can add it to my life list, none
the less still great to see a new species. While walking the loop around
Osceola Island I found an American Redstart Sallying from a cedar tree. It
appeared to be a first fall female. I checked the Birds of Northeast Tenn.
(Knight) to see the late date for this warbler; it showed one Winter Record
in Kingsport on December 29 1995 by (John Moyle). Does anyone know of
another late date for this bird?

Mike Sanders

Bristol, VA

Journal of Sighting Records Entered 11/27/2009

Sharp-shinned Hawk 248 Martin Rd VA US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

American Kestrel Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Mallard Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 6 = /TM

Wilson's Snipe Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 15 = /TM

American Crow Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 6 = /TM

Carolina Wren Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 2 = /TM

Song Sparrow Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 5 = /TM

Yellow-rumped Warbler Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 10 = /TM

Northern Cardinal Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 6 = /TM

Mourning Dove Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Eastern Bluebird Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 5 = /TM

Northern Mockingbird Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Black Vulture Austin Springs TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 2 = /TM

White-crowned Sparrow Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

White-breasted Nuthatch Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 8 = /TM

American Goldfinch Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 15 = /TM

Blue Jay Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 2 = /TM

Purple Finch Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 2 = /TM

Tufted Titmouse Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 5 = /TM

Northern Flicker Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 2 = /TM

House Finch Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 2 = /TM

Carolina Chickadee Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 3 = /TM

House Sparrow Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 2 = /TM

Red-tailed Hawk Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Selasphorus Hummingbird Musicks Campground TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Bufflehead Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 27 = /TM

Hairy Woodpecker Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 2 = /TM

Northern Cardinal Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 8 = /TM

Rock Pigeon Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 25 = /TM

Ring-necked Duck Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Carolina Wren Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 2 = /TM

Red-bellied Woodpecker Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Belted Kingfisher Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Carolina Chickadee Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 2 = /TM

Yellow-rumped Warbler Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 3 = /TM

American Redstart Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Hermit Thrush Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

American Crow Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Golden-crowned Kinglet Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Ruby-crowned Kinglet Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

Winter Wren Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 1 = /TM

White-throated Sparrow Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 7 = /TM

Song Sparrow Osceola Island Weir Dam TN US Nov 27, 2009

= 4 = /TM