[bcbirdclub] Annual RCBC Picnic

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:03:04 -0400

A reminder:  Don't forget that the RCBC annual picnic is scheduled for this
Saturday, August 24th.  The event will take place at Laurel Bed Lake.  We'll
gather around 2:00 at the first boat landing where we've been the last
several years.  The club will furnish hamburgers and hot dogs.  Bring a
covered dish and whatever you want to drink and enjoy an afternoon of
visiting and fun.  We've seen some good birds in the past including Bald
Eagles and Black Terns.  Bears and deer are possible as well.  Please let
Peggy Herbert know by Wednesday, August 21, if you plan to come so we'll
have enough burgers and dogs.  Her e-mail is peggyfullmoon@xxxxxxxxx and her
phone number is 276-880-2139.  Everyone is welcome.  You don't have to be a
club member to enjoy an afternoon of fun.  We look forward to seeing you
there!

Do remember that this event will be taking place on DGIF property and
requires a permit for each individual.  You can purchase a one day permit or
an annual permit either online at the DGIF web site
<http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/access-permit/>  or at a local license agency
like Walmart.  If you have a valid hunting, fishing, or trapping license,
you don't need an access permit.

Jerry Thornhill

President, RCBC