[bcbirdclub] American Pipit, Horned Lark, Coopers Hawk - Russell County

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:00:22 -0800 (PST)

Yesterday, 12-22-2009 I birded the Elk Garden, Corn Valley, Clifton Farms area
of Russell County. I saw a lot of birds, especially White-crowned Sparrows (200
plus). I found one Golden Eagle on Beartown Mountain.
The American Pipit was feeding along Loop Road in Corn Valley. There were 20
plus Horned Larks on Clifton Farms Road. The Coopers Hawk was perched along the
road at Elk Garden.

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA