[bcbirdclub] American Kestrel, Hurley VA

  • From: Daryl Owens <daryl.owens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:24:11 -0500

Hey BCBC,

Here are a couple of photos I've taken recently.  One is a little better
quality pic of the Snow Goose that I saw last weekend in Bristol.  The other is
of a pair of American Kestrels that I saw yesterday at a surface mine in
Hurley, VA.  I felt it was a little odd to see them perched so close together.
I doubt them being a mated pair this time of year so I wonder in they may be
parent and offspring?

Daryl Owens,
Oakwood VA