[bcbirdclub] Re: Adult Bald Eagle in St. Paul

  • From: Frank Kilgore <jmk@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard Kretz <fatcatz33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 08:20:43 -0400

I saw one years ago flying above the river, I hope they are nesting on Sugar Hill, frank

Richard Kretz wrote:
Folks,
Hiked the Sugar Hill area near St. Paul today. Just about 200 yards up from St. Paul Falls on the Clinch River an adult Bald Eagle (no - it definitely wasn't an Osprey) swooped down and snagged a fish. It was pretty awesome but I was so stunned I failed to get a pic. Haven't heard prior reports of them in this area, especially at this time of year, and thought y'all would like to hear about it.
Enjoy the birds...
Richard