[bcbirdclub] A Grand Canyon Bird

  • From: "Bob" <bebirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:57:14 -0400

While touring the Grand Canyon last month Diana and I saw five of these
birds.  Knew they were all different birds because of the tags.  The Ranger
said that Arizona now has 54 of the species residing in the state with a
total world population of 315.  As you can imagine seeing five of the 315 is
something special.  The other photograph is two hikers trying to get back to
the rim after a hike into the Canyon.  On the way down there were numerous
messages with a picture that said most people who could not make it out
looked like this.  I did not look like the picture so I thought it might be
easy for me to make it to the rim.

Bob(Bebirding)Riggs

Lebanon, VA