[bcbirdclub] A Good Day on Compton Mt

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:19:05 -0400

Hi All,
The day started with a beautiful male Am. Redstart observed from the window,
while I was trying to wolf down some breakfast, so I could get outside more
quickly to see what Mother Nature had brought me. A Black-throated Green came
next, then a couple of Tennessees. I heard my FOS Swainson's Thrush nearby. It
was soon followed by a Summer Tanager, then a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. Indigo
Buntings, a Gray Catbird and Scarlet Tanagers were also in the mix.

The warblers that dropped in today were
American Redstart 4
Bay-breasted Warbler 2
Blackburnian Warbler 2 (1m, 1f)
Black-and-white Warbler 1m
Black-throated Green Warbler 3f
Chestnut-sided Warbler 3 ( All 1st yr females)
Hooded Warbler 2m
Magnolia Warbler 1
Tennessee Warbler 8
Worm-eating Warbler 1
Yellow-throated Warbler 1

Following is the complete day's list of 45 species

Buchanan County

American Crow 2

American Goldfinch 9 (4m, 2f, 3juv)

American Redstart 4 (1 adult m, 3f)

American Robin 2

Bay-breasted Warbler 2

Blackburnian Warbler 2 (1m, 1f)

Black-and-white Warbler 1m

Black-throated Green Warbler 3f

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 1

Blue Jay 6

Brown Thrasher 5

Carolina Chickadee 2

Carolina Wren 3

Cedar Waxwing 12

Chestnut-sided Warbler 3 (1st year females)

Chipping Sparrow 2

Common Raven 1

Downy Woodpecker 1

Eastern Bluebird 1m