[bcbirdclub] 4 Species - Unusual chance photo

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 23:57:16 -0400

Hi All,
How many times have you had an Orchard Oriole, a Scarlet Tanager, a Cedar
Waxwing and an Eastern Towhee all together no more than a foot or so apart?
Well, I hadn't either until yesterday, Wednesday, when the four species
converged to drink and bathe in my small yard stream here on Compton Mountain.
I was lucky enough to have my camera nearby and got a shot of the group. The
photo can be seen at http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/image/99259787

Buchanan County