[bc-rfbd-beta] Re: reading with the beta

  • From: Steve Gomas <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:22:11 -0800

Thanks Tommy.

I'll look into the navigation problems. I believe I know what's causing the clipped words and popping sounds. I'll see if I can come up with a fix early this week. I'll post it when it's ready.

Steve

At 02:25 PM 1/15/2006, you wrote:
Hi guys,

Well as someone else has pointed out the phrase and page navigation functions seem to work the same. I am using the Harry Potter book. Also I can't seem to get previous page to move across a chapter heading. For example if chapter 3 starts on page 31 and I am on page 32. I can press previous page and go back to page 31 but repeated presses will keep putting me at page 31. I agreee that there are a lot of clipped words. It sounds to me as if this is from the original recording. It sounds like the recording was stopped and restarted. You can also hear a pop in the file when the words are clipped.

Tommy