[bc-rfbd-beta] Re: Two-disk RFBD Test Book

  • From: Katie Walker <katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:47:21 -0800

Hi Jackie,

Are you talking about the problem where you got the 521 error message? I responded to that email with some information about low batteries and deleting orphan files. Let me know if this is something different. Worst case, you can always send us that disk, too. BTW, it looks like we've solved the 2 disk problem -- at least for your disks. The issue was with the files on the second disk and RFB&D just needs to take that disk set out of circulation. We will also improve our error messages to help people handle the problem if it turns up again.

Katie

At 10:20 PM 2/15/2006, you wrote:
Well, I'm glad it wil be of some use.

Did you get my other message about an error trying to download a single-disk
RFB and D book?  I tried twice, but soem kind of data file would not
process, so the whole book would not play, even though it's on the Book
Courier.  What a waste.  I don't have a DAISY reader, other than the
BookShare Victor reader on my computer, so can't try it there.  I do have
one of the RFB and D-sponsored disk players, though; I guess I could try it
there.  I would hate to be a student, pressed for time, and discover that
the RFB and D book I had waited three weeks for wouldn't work, though.  I'm
glad I am not doing that any more.  I think being a student now is harder
than when I was in school.

A couple other things I wanted to mention: when downloading Audible.com
books, some of the items in the dialog box don't speak using JAWS 5.10.
Where it asks what folder you want the file downloaded to, that does not
speak.  Even when I take JAWS out of forms mode.  It's hard to know what is
to be filled in if the box isn't spoken.

- Jackie McCraw