[bc-rfbd-beta] Re: Two-disk RFBD Test Book

  • From: "Jackie M." <xercon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:20:52 -0800

Well, I'm glad it wil be of some use.

Did you get my other message about an error trying to download a single-disk
RFB and D book?  I tried twice, but soem kind of data file would not
process, so the whole book would not play, even though it's on the Book
Courier.  What a waste.  I don't have a DAISY reader, other than the
BookShare Victor reader on my computer, so can't try it there.  I do have
one of the RFB and D-sponsored disk players, though; I guess I could try it
there.  I would hate to be a student, pressed for time, and discover that
the RFB and D book I had waited three weeks for wouldn't work, though.  I'm
glad I am not doing that any more.  I think being a student now is harder
than when I was in school.

A couple other things I wanted to mention: when downloading Audible.com
books, some of the items in the dialog box don't speak using JAWS 5.10.
Where it asks what folder you want the file downloaded to, that does not
speak.  Even when I take JAWS out of forms mode.  It's hard to know what is
to be filled in if the box isn't spoken.

- Jackie McCraw