[bc-rfbd-beta] Transferring files from the CD

  • From: Katie Walker <katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:21:17 -0800

Hi Lin,

When you use BrowsePC to read the RFB&D CD, you need to choose the RFB&D file type in the drop down list. That will narrow the search to just one file that you can transfer. I'd recommend using the DAISY button instead. Just make sure that you enter the drive letter for your CD drive in the DAISY menu, Specify Library Location option. Then whenever you press the DAISY button, the Transfer Tool will find just one file on the CD that you can transfer. BTW, when you transfer that one file, all the other files get moved over too.

Katie

At 05:33 AM 1/17/2006, you wrote:
When I attempt to load, I go to BROWSE and access the CD sent by RFB&D.
Many files show up and I am able to load them one at a time.  Perhaps it
is that I do not know how to load a batch of files or something else is
going on.  At any rate, it is not like other books I have loaded.  I
have plenty of room on my BC and if I were patient enough, I can
transfer each file individually.  I am not that patient.  My guess is I
am simply not doing something correctly as I have not heard others
sharing this issue.

I do wish to add that I am also very concerned that there does not
appear to be a way to speed up the reading.  As a Ph. D. student, I do
not have time to read at standard speed and would be inclined to use the
tapes as it is critical for me to move through masses of material in
short periods of time.  I have become so conditioned at reading at a
fast speed that it is even not enjoyable to read a book for leisure at a
regular pace.  I find myself wandering as I am accustomed to something
else.  Variable speed is an extremely critical option for me.

Lin

-----Original Message----- From: bc-rfbd-beta-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bc-rfbd-beta-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Katie Walker Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:50 PM To: bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bc-rfbd-beta] Loading only one chapter at a time

Hi Lin,

I will definitely let RFB&D know that the hardware fingerprint data
is difficult to read on their dialog box. Regarding your transfer
issue, what makes you say that only one chapter is loaded? Is it that
you can't navigate to the next chapter or have you listened all the
way through and there's only one chapter? How much space do you have
on your card? Is it possible that there was only enough room on the
card for a single chapter? The more information you can give us about
what you're doing, the better.

Katie

At 07:54 AM 1/12/2006, you wrote: >I have searched for that key for a while and it was this email that >solved the problem for me. There was never any indication from my >screen reader that it was there. > >Now I am loaded but I can't seem to load more than one chapter at a >time. I think it is a user shortcoming but can someone tell me what I >am not doing, or doing incorrectly? > >Lin > >-----Original Message----- >From: bc-rfbd-beta-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >[mailto:bc-rfbd-beta-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jackie M. >Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:09 PM >To: bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >Subject: [bc-rfbd-beta] Re: Fw: Installation Problems > >Katie, > >That hardware key doesn't speak when I read the dialog box that contains >it. >I had to use the route JAWS to PC trick to be able to read the hardware >key. >I knew it was supposed to be there somewhere, so I used the mouse >pointer to >find and read it. It did not "speak" when I initially read the dialog >box. >That should be fixed. > >Also, the directions from the RFBD website are not very clear about >waiting >till you go to RFBD before filling in the key on the setuak application. > >How does the four-digit key mentioned in the RFBD instructions, 7323, >fit >into all this? I'm not sure I understand your directions yet; I will >try it >and see what happens. > >- Jackie McCraw > >----- Original Message ----- >From: "Katie Walker" <katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >To: <bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:58 AM >Subject: [bc-rfbd-beta] Re: Fw: Installation Problems > > >Hi Jackie, > >When you run the setuak.exe program, a dialog requesting your name >and a key will appear. You can't fill this form out until after you >visit the RFB&D web site for additional information. Don't try to >fill in the information -- just press the Visit Website button. When >you go to the RFB&D web site to log in, you must use the generic ID >BCTESTER. Everyone in the beta test is supposed to use that ID. When >you get to the next RFB&D screen, you can enter the hardware >fingerprint that appeared on that first dialog in the setuak >application. Once you click the Register button, RFB&D will display >another screen with name and key values that you can plug into the >setuak application. > >Good luck! >Katie > >At 11:08 PM 1/9/2006, you wrote: > >Hi, Katie, > > > >I finally used the route JAWS to PC cursor, and managed to locate the >code. > >But when I enter my name and code, they are invalid. What name am I >under > >for registration purposes - Jacklyn? Jackie? Some other spelling? The > > >code > >as I can decipher it is: 99B6-3558. Is that correct? Somehow the name >and > >key are not matching. > > > >- Jackie McCraw > > > >----- Original Message ----- > >From: "Jackie M." <xercon@xxxxxxx> > >To: <bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 10:23 PM > >Subject: Installation Problems > > > > > >Katie, > > > >I installed the updated transfer tool and the Book Courier upgrade onto >the > >Book Courier. However, the dialog boxes in the installation process >are > >not > >working as the written instructions said they would. I pressed enter >on > >the > >setuak.exe file, got the first dialog box, but when I went to okay and > >pressed enter, it returned me to the D drive file list. The second >dialog > >box with the 8-character key never came up. I tried hitting the button > > >that > >sends me to the RFBD website, entered my name and BCTESTER i.d., but it > > >then > >required the 8-character key that I did not have. So I'm stymied, I >guess, > >till we figure this out. > > > >- Jackie McCraw > >Katie Walker >Springer Design, Inc. >katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx