[bc-rfbd-beta] Re: Audible Transfer Issues

  • From: Katie Walker <katie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bc-rfbd-beta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:13:21 -0800

Denise,

I've done some more investigation into your Audible problem. I have successfully transferred several Audible files to BC using the beta code -- including both parts 1 and 2 of the Sue Grafton novel that you're having trouble with. So, I'm guessing that the problem is related to some corrupted files on BC. I want you to connect BC to the PC and look at the files using Explorer. Go into the folder where you stored part 1 of the novel. Look for three files with the same name but different extensions: _AA, _DD, and _IX. The filename should be some thing related to the name of the novel. Let me know what files you find. If you're missing any one of the 3 files I mentioned, then BC and the Transfer Tool can get confused.

Katie

At 10:35 AM 1/19/2006, you wrote:

Hi Denise,

Did you transfer part 1 of the book after you downloaded the beta software or before? I'm just trying to figure out whether this is a problem with the beta software or with the Audible book. If you could, try transferring another Audible title to BookCourier and see if you get a similar error.

Thanks,
Katie

At 04:54 PM 1/18/2006, you wrote:
well this is the first time this has ever happened. i'm trying to transfer s is for silence by sue grafton part 2. i had no problem with part 1 of the book.