[bbnwn] Scripts

  • From: "Ashtal HealingHands" <ashtal_h@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BBNWN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bbnwn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 15:35:53 -0700

I finished the game a few days ago and decided to start making "Lybryn"
which is the land in my stories.  I finished off the detailing of one city,
Stragan, and one of it's merchant shops, when I hit the old "you need to
learn scripting to continue" issue ;)  Since it's been a couple years since
I programed last, I searched around.  I remember someone saying they would
like to make a place and have the PCs sit in chairs.

http://pub18.ezboard.com/fkingdomoftheabsurdmindfrm4.showMessage?topicID=4.topic

I found this link on the BioWare boards and it has around 19 different
scripts posted, including how to make a PC sit in a chair and if you go back
to the main board, there is another section on how to make a easily make a
merchant.  I haven't tried them yet, but will try a couple tonight.  When I
am happy with Stragan, I'll send it out for input.  I think I might have to
make everything into one module if I want to make it so you can be anywhere
when logged into the dedicated server.

I'll probably make templates of all the common scripts I notice, so I won't
have to retype or copy them over.  If I do, I'll post some of them for the
scripters out there. :)

Keith