[battlefield] Re: Wiping my PC

  • From: Martin Brownell <marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "battlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <battlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:40:14 -0600

So question... what logs should I look at?

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Martin Brownell <marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

:-) yeah and it's not rage quitting either

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:47 AM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I knew it was malicious software!

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Martin Brownell <
marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mainly Minecraft but not solely. But yes Minecraft crashes constantly. I
can't even play for more than 10-15 minutes.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it just Minecraft that has a problem?

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Martin Brownell <
marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well Technically I haven't really wiped my entire system, I installed
Win 8.1 on a new drive rather than completely destroying my Win10 drive.
but you do have me thinking.... maybe I should go back to the system logs.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Ryan Hawley <ryan.hawley@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

i'll do some further log diving tonight. i checked a couple weeks ago
and i never got errors on the freezups. maybe i should let it sit wilst
frozen.. see if the system can work something out to a log.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:30 AM, Martin Brownell <
marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The crashes sometimes have a Kernal error sometimes a NVidia Driver
error and sometimes no error, it just freezes.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:28 AM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Stupid winders, you should be able to crank up reporting to log
everything. On and Off are not options.

Rev. James C Snyder
Ordained Dudeist Priest of Dudeism
<http://dudeism.com/ordcertificate-print.php?ordname=James%20Christopher%20Snyder&orddate=08/19/2015>,
the Church of the Latter-Day Dude

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's what was really weird when I was unable to install
drivers. The install would fail and nothing was reported in any of
the
logs about it. It was pretty frustrating.

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:21 AM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Check the system logs for errors maybe? Event Viewer should have
something, ever if it's just an event that the driver crashed.

Rev. James C Snyder
Ordained Dudeist Priest of Dudeism
<http://dudeism.com/ordcertificate-print.php?ordname=James%20Christopher%20Snyder&orddate=08/19/2015>,
the Church of the Latter-Day Dude

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Ryan Hawley <
ryan.hawley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did the same thing this weekend.

I'm running into similar issues with my dual 290x's and gigabyte
board. I get hard freezes while playing games. I initially thought
it was
the insider preview builds of windows 10 that i'm on, reverted back
retail windows 10, still freezes. Did a clean install, driver
updates, etc.
Same issue.

I think i'll follow your lead and go back to 8.1 and see what
happens.

I don't get any BSOD or error codes. The screen just goes black,
secondary screen remains but everything is frozen.
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CBwQtwIwAGoVChMIvITqjfjOyAIVDZuICh3KYQlc&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DL0MK7qz13bU&usg=AFQjCNHeOoQ5ua29Bn0Q2RE7PcOxlnyRGw&sig2=W47GboWDebMjTDmnOPKrsA&bvm=bv.105454873,d.cGU>

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 9:36 AM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Back the truck up? Maybe even a gee wilikers!

MS have a new Win10 version of Minecraft that you can DL from
the store. Normal ver worked for me though in sli.

Any error codes with your crashes? And are these app crashes
or OS?

Rev. James C Snyder
Ordained Dudeist Priest of Dudeism
<http://dudeism.com/ordcertificate-print.php?ordname=James%20Christopher%20Snyder&orddate=08/19/2015>,
the Church of the Latter-Day Dude

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's not that you can't, it's more like I'm pretty certain you
didn't. Or any of those either!
On Oct 19, 2015 7:58 AM, "Martin Brownell" <
marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ohh yes Asus.... you are correct. Did I say ATI? it's
early.:-)

What? I can't say Fiddle sticks? Or Darn, or Shucks????

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 7:55 AM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Should we replace ATI with Asus throughout this email? I'm
confused if not. Also, let's replace fiddlesticks with a more
accurate word
while we're at it...
On Oct 19, 2015 7:48 AM, "Martin Brownell" <
marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I wiped my PC, reinstalled Win10. The crashing problem
continued. So I pulled my EVGA card.... crashing continued. So
I pulled the
ATI card and replaced with EVGA. Crashing continued. I then
realized I
never did install all the system drivers that came with the
board. So I
spent much of the night doing that, Crashing continued.

I said "Oh fiddle sticks" and installed Windows 8.1, SLI'd
the cards. So far it ran Minecraft all night and no crashes.
You would
think with Microsoft Owning Minecraft that they might want to
make sure it
works with Win10.

I am sure i have some weird combination of hardware in this
system that is the issue, because my ATI laptop works fine and
can play
minecraft.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It used to be several years ago. You used to be advised to
disable it if you install another video card. Blue screens
were common. I
haven't had to do it my past few builds though.
On Oct 16, 2015 6:24 PM, "Marty Brownell" <
marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good to know. I was wondering if it was an issue or not.
Thanks