[battlefield] Re: Super sexy Monitor

  • From: Martin Brownell <marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: battlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:13:59 -0600

I think response time is only part of the equation though, monitor lag is
the other, and depending on the refresh rate the difference becomes greater
as the MHz goes up.

From everything I have read, if you put a 1ms monitor next to a 5ms monitor
some people can notice a difference. But that's the crux of it... SOME
people notice a difference.

I think it would be interesting to put our various monitors together maybe
even running off the same machine (I will offer mine up since I have dual
cards) and compare what different monitors look like running the same game.
It might be interesting to see if we notice a difference at all.

My monitor runs at 1ms. But I can tell you that even though it's rated at
1ms I would love something with better screen colors and resolution. The
trade off between speed and color rendering is pretty big. What does it
matter how fast your monitor refreshes if you can't SEE your opponent? Does
anyone in the group have an IPS display?