[battlefield] Re: Stop Win10 from spying on you

  • From: Ryan Hawley <ryan.hawley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: battlefield group spam <battlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 14:30:45 -0600

I do use it for live TV and to record live TV, it's awesome. Paired with a
3 tuner HDHomerun prime for cable card access.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Loren John Bailey <beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I would bet you that if you used the apps on xbox one, you'd find that
there is more available to you than you thought. The OnDemand stuff is so
terribly laid out and difficult to search for that you don't know what you
really have available. When I started using the apps, I can find all kinds
of things that never showed up and stream beautifully.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:24 PM, James Theunplesant <neonghost@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yeah cable/dish aren't even trying. Using xfinity at my mothers house is
awful. The interface sucks, it's slow as hell, the search doesn't work,
it's near impossible to tell what is and isn't ppv vs included streaming.
But at least it cost 100+ a month. Oh and once you do spend 30min looking
for something to watch you realize your selection is about the same as
Netflix and Prime anyway.

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good
intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:19 PM, James Theunplesant <neonghost@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Live tv is for chumps, and dads. luckily I don't have my own kids so
suck it..... Shit I gave myself the sads.

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good
intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Back to confusing email...who hates Microsoft but they have the best
product available. Bi-polar is my official diagnosis.

When I was using it as my media center, everyone had this boner for
SageTv so I tried it. If that was it's best competitor, MS had nothing to
worry about. The Xbox One has the best media delivery on the market. No
question. Their HBO, Showtime etc apps are second to none. The DirecTv
and Dish receivers, whose sole job is to deliver that content, are still
stuck in the '90s. The Xbox One is the best purchase I have made in the
last 5 years and I don't even really game on it. A few kids games and
that's about it.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Ryan Hawley <ryan.hawley@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Eff you, JC. Media center is
AWESEOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no better DVR that exists. At all.

I use an xbox 360 extender to get live and recorded tv to my
downstairs, good to know that still exists on the xbone.

PS: Eff you, JC.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I use google now on my phone. It's soooo far from being real time
it's insane. I just don't use it because it will feed me info that is
yesterday's weather, articles that trended last week. It's useful if
it's
not timely. Also, IT decides what it feeds me. With a live tile, I
pin/unpin my interests. Google just suggests crap and more often than
not,
I don't want what they are suggesting.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:06 PM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Google Now beats the crap out of tiles imho. But I just figured out
that if I unpin all the tiles I can resize the start menu to delete that
waste of space.

Now If I can get the all apps section to go in it's place I might
not hate it.

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good
intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I use the tiles for things I am not going to go open a page for.
Weather, headlines etc. I don't have to go to the full web page
because I
was already going to start for something else and got a quick update.
It's
more efficient for me. I wouldn't have thought to go see the
information
that I use it for but now I have it. If it is that important, I just
click
the tile and it gives me more info.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 1:58 PM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The tiles are stupid. They only make sense as live tiles showing
web information. And as I said I already have a
browser.open.all.the.time. Why would I go to start to go back to the
browser I was just in? And so if they are for static applications
they
jsut take up to much space.

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good
intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Martin Brownell <
marty.brownell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Go to all apps. It took me a while to get used to but I really do
like it. Your tiles are your most frequently used. You can change it
what ever you like and group them differently.
On Aug 17, 2015 1:47 PM, "James Theunplesant" <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Half of the start menu is live tiles full of things I get in on
the web. It's jsut a scam to get me to use the shitty MS Browser
and
services.

And trying to find something in the all app view is just
annoying. Maybe it's the letters like I don't know how the
alphabet works
or something. I like normal folder structure, it works. It's why
I spend
most of my windows time in file explorer.

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good
intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What is it that you don't like about the start menu? What was
more useful in Windows 7?

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:38 AM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So got 10 running on gaming pc this weekend. Fresh installed
after it activated. The new nvidia win10 drivers seem to work
for me in
sli np. My sound is still dead so I ordered a xonar card (and
not a new
mobo/cpu combo like I came close to doing).

Con's so far;
Cortana is worthless. It's bing desktop search, so it barely
works.. File Explorer search is faster and actually finds things.
Still tons of fighting stupid little "We know best" crap like
auto reboots.
The new MS Browser the HMS Shittastic!
Tons of MS bloatware BS. MS Fitness, MS News, MS Get Office
now (even though you already ahve office isntalled).
I still don't like the new start menu. It's far better than
8, but still less useful than 7.
When creating new install Media the langue defaults to Chechen
(I think). Not really MS's fault, but be warned if you create a
Chechen
install USB you cannot change it to English during the install.

Pro's;
MS seems to have pulled video drivers from autoupdate. I got
"basic MS Video Driver" that never updated. I could install the
Geforce
experience for Win10 and then drivers from that with no problems.
half a
dozen reboots and a few check for updates and MS never tried to F
me.
Almost all my other drivers installed with windows. Really
the install media process self updates so I had everything up to
date on
the first boot almost. It was only missing my sound driver and
the
software portions of my network/BT/Sata drivers. All of that and
my
Chipset, intel video and even my addon extra USB3 card worked
fine on the
first boot.

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with
good intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Cheerio you old so and so.

JC Snyder
On Aug 16, 2015 12:53 PM, "Loren John Bailey" <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, install more spyware to get rid of spyware. Thanks ole
chap!

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 12:46 PM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I should mention that you need to select custom install to
skip the BS addon software. This should be a no brainier, but
I know you
idiots. :)

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with
good intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

http://pxc-coding.com/portfolio/donotspy10/