[battlefield] Re: Stop Win10 from spying on you

  • From: Loren John Bailey <beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "battlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <battlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 14:06:39 -0600

Wow...talk about a confusing email.

Anyway, I doubt they will stop with the guide because they have built that
into the xbox one and it's great.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Ryan Hawley <ryan.hawley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I dig the win 10 menu. but i hate windows 10. i hate microsoft. I HATE
THAT THEY REMOVED MEDIA CENTER!!!

EFF you microsoft. I am so effing sad. And now i wake up at night in cold
sweat wondering if they are going to stop providing the tv guide service.

Ok, but that's only for one PC. .. and i honestly really am pissed about
it.

It's been running fine on my gaming desktop and on my work laptop (yoga 2
pro) -after i clean installed. It was barely usable when i upgraded.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 1:47 PM, James Theunplesant <neonghost@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Half of the start menu is live tiles full of things I get in on the web.
It's jsut a scam to get me to use the shitty MS Browser and services.

And trying to find something in the all app view is just annoying. Maybe
it's the letters like I don't know how the alphabet works or something. I
like normal folder structure, it works. It's why I spend most of my
windows time in file explorer.

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good
intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Loren John Bailey <
beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What is it that you don't like about the start menu? What was more
useful in Windows 7?

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 11:38 AM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So got 10 running on gaming pc this weekend. Fresh installed after it
activated. The new nvidia win10 drivers seem to work for me in sli np. My
sound is still dead so I ordered a xonar card (and not a new mobo/cpu combo
like I came close to doing).

Con's so far;
Cortana is worthless. It's bing desktop search, so it barely works..
File Explorer search is faster and actually finds things.
Still tons of fighting stupid little "We know best" crap like auto
reboots.
The new MS Browser the HMS Shittastic!
Tons of MS bloatware BS. MS Fitness, MS News, MS Get Office now (even
though you already ahve office isntalled).
I still don't like the new start menu. It's far better than 8, but
still less useful than 7.
When creating new install Media the langue defaults to Chechen (I
think). Not really MS's fault, but be warned if you create a Chechen
install USB you cannot change it to English during the install.

Pro's;
MS seems to have pulled video drivers from autoupdate. I got "basic MS
Video Driver" that never updated. I could install the Geforce experience
for Win10 and then drivers from that with no problems. half a dozen
reboots and a few check for updates and MS never tried to F me.
Almost all my other drivers installed with windows. Really the install
media process self updates so I had everything up to date on the first boot
almost. It was only missing my sound driver and the software portions of
my network/BT/Sata drivers. All of that and my Chipset, intel video and
even my addon extra USB3 card worked fine on the first boot.

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good
intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 4:33 PM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Cheerio you old so and so.

JC Snyder
On Aug 16, 2015 12:53 PM, "Loren John Bailey" <beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yeah, install more spyware to get rid of spyware. Thanks ole chap!

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 12:46 PM, James Theunplesant <
neonghost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I should mention that you need to select custom install to skip the
BS addon software. This should be a no brainier, but I know you
idiots. :)

James C Snyder

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good
intentions.
Augusten Burroughs

http://pxc-coding.com/portfolio/donotspy10/