[battlefield] Re: Roku + Plex + Windows Media Center

  • From: Ryan Hawley <ryan.hawley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: battlefield group spam <battlefield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 07:54:06 -0600

It's been a year or two but i had issues with plex and media center. Plex
couldn't encode the tv recordings with protected content so i stopped using
it all together. For me, an xbox 360 is the best media extender for media
center, it's awesome.

We use media center for all of our TV and DVR.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 7:23 AM, Loren John Bailey <beetle.loren@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

How are you using WMC? With a tuner card to capture the files in the pc
running WMC? If so that would be a great setup. Point the Plex server at
the files, install the Plex app on the roku upstairs and it'll give you a
nice, interface for your shows, movies music etc. And, of course, a Netflix
app also. It's been a while since I've used WMC so I don't know how it
names the files. Plex needs it to be fairly recognizable. Wooties does
something similar I think. How does it name the files?
On Oct 13, 2015 6:50 AM, "Daniel" <danbackattack@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I use plex and it's easy to setup and great to use but it only streams
your media no Netflix

Daniel Kulbacki

On Oct 12, 2015, at 9:43 PM, Adam Lyman <alyman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So I recently moved my computer downstairs so I was looking for an
option to watch the programs I record on windows media center, on the TV
upstairs. Does anyone have experience using WMC and Plex? Or do you have
any other suggestions on how to inexpensively setup my TV upstairs to watch
WMC stuff, Netflix, and online TV shows.

Adam