[bass irlp node 6391] Re: [bassirlp] VALE GRAHAM WILLIAMS VK3JBO

  • From: Doug Fitts W7FDF <w7fdf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: vk3kxw@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:17:54 -0700

To Roly VK3KXW and to Tony VK3UBO:

I am so saddened to hear of the news and passing, of a very dear friend, one whom I had not met in person but his voice and personality graced my UHF repeater system here in southern Arizona U.S.A, for several years.

Graham Williams VK3JBO, a man with a marvelous personality. An extraordinary character that offered both the goodness of his native land which is Australia and the caring need to always share his friendship with anyone. He was an inspiration to several of the few users of my repeater system here in the states.

As a long time Amateur Radio Operator having been licensed here in the United States since 1959, I come to realize in recent years, through the Internet Radio Linking Project and its overall internet communications system. That friendship and meeting new Hams was indeed a cherished event and most importantly, where I met Graham way back in 2001.

I cannot tell you the many evenings on my way home from work, that he called into my IRLP node [3850], just to say hello and to see how I was doing. I cannot tell you how many times I looked forward to just hearing his pleasent voice, that laid back Aussie accent and the mannerisms in which he spoke.

I will miss him dearly and will miss that next contact on and through the IRLP communications network. In closing I just want everyone to know that each and every time Graham and I signed off on the radio. He always had a quaint expression, one that showed me and my wife just how much he cared for his fellow human being.

He would always say to me at the conclusion of our IRLP contact, "Give Diane A Big Hug For Me!!"That was the temperment, the caring attitude, the impressionistic desire to be a good and gentle person. And so each and every time as best I could, I did give my wife that BIG hug, from Graham!

Thanks Graham for being a true friend. Someday when my time is up on this Earth we shall meet and I will give YOU a BIG hug!!

Frederick Douglas Fitts W7FDF
Vail, Arizona U.S.A.
IRLP node 3850
927.8500/R
449.925/R
448.450/R

ROLY MCMILLAN VK3KXW wrote:
VALE  GRAHAM WILLIAMS   VK3JBO

To Members-Friends-clubs
It is with deep regret that I have to announce the passing of vk3jbo--Graham Williams.
Graham past away peacefully at home on the 6/09/2005.

The B.A.R.G irlp Group has ask me to say a few words on their behalf.
Graham is a long time friend of mine,we have know each other for nearly 35 years,He
was my mate,friend and mentor for all those years.

Graham has been a amateur radio operator since the early 1970's in the later years when
he moved from Lalor to Mornington Peninsula he took a interest in irlp and formed the B.A.R.G
IRLP Group which he devoted all he's time to keep it up and running which he did.

Graham you will be missed by your friends and fellow operators
Rest in peace

Your best mate
VK3UBO@xxxxxxxxxxx
Tony Passler

P.S
vk3kxw@xxxxxxx Roly would like to pass on his respects as well, he also was a close friend of Grahams.
NOTES TO SUBSCRIBERS

The 'bassirlp" & "bassirlp_node6391"
(Bass Amateur Radio Irlp Group - IRLP #6391)
List Does Not requires you to sign your messages.
but your message should have a subject line Title, if
not your message will be bounced
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Visit the Bass Amateur Radio Irlp Group - IRLP #6391
web site at http://www.qsl.net/vk3irl
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * bassirlp & bassirlp_node6391 List Manager:
Roly McMillan VK3KXW, Mt Eliza, Vic Australia
E-mail: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
bassnewsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or vk3irl@xxxxxxxxxxx

The 'bassirlp" & "bassirlp_node6391"
(Bass Amateur Radio Irlp Group - IRLP #6391)
List Does Not requires you to sign your messages.