[baisl] Re: thank you and farewell

  • From: Debra Cardone <Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 21:40:38 +0000

Thank you. Will pass on info.
Debra

From: Marta Fuchs <martafuchs18@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:martafuchs18@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 2:36 PM
To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [baisl] Re: thank you and farewell

Thanks so much, Debra. I've spoken to middle school kids as well, and alter
what I share. I've even spoken to 4th graders without of course getting into
Holocaust details, reading funny parts of my book and the letters my dad wrote
to his 4 grandchildren and their memories of him.

Marta

Marta Fuchs, MLS, MFT
Professional Speaker & Psychotherapist
author, Legacy of Rescue: A Daughter's Tribute
http://www.martafuchs.com<http://www.martafuchs.com/>

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Debra Cardone
<Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Marta,
Best wishes on your new adventure!  When you present to schools, do you
primarily focus on high school? If not, I can pass you on to our 8th grade
teachers.
Debra

Debra Cardone
Head Librarian
Hamlin School
2120 Broadway Street
San Francisco, CA  94115
415-674-5414<tel:415-674-5414>

From: Marta Fuchs <martafuchs18@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:martafuchs18@xxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:29 AM
To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [baisl] thank you and farewell

Hello wonderful librarians -- I'd like to thank you for years of great advice
and camaraderie as I prepare to depart from Drew at the end of this semester
after 16 1/2 years . I'm moving on to pursue my professional speaking career,
Holocaust education, clinical work, and writing.

I am grateful to BAISL for awarding me the Professional Development Award to do
research in Hungary for my book, Legacy of Rescue: A Daughter's Tribute. I also
appreciate the opportunity afforded me to subsequently present my research to
the membership.

Next month I will be presenting at Bay School for their morning assembly,
relating the story of my father's rescuer to their theme this year examining
decision making. As many of you know, my key message is that each one of us can
make a difference in everyday life.

In December I'll be the featured speaker in a city-wide commemoration in
Santiago, Chile, where I'll also be conducting workshops in Spanish and
Hungarian, and talking with school kids about the Holocaust and my family's
experience, particularly the Righteous Gentile who saved my father and his
slave labor battalion of over 100 Jewish men.  In January, I will be conducting
workshops in London at an international conference for Holocaust survivors and
their descendants.

After December you may reach me at my website,
www.martafuchs.com<http://www.martafuchs.com/>.

Wishing you all a great new academic year!

With gratitude,

Marta

Marta Fuchs, MLS, MFT

Director of Library Services

Drew School | 2901 California St |SF, CA 94115

(415) 409-3739<tel:%28415%29%20409-3739>; fax (415)
346-0720<tel:%28415%29%20346-0720>

marta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:marta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

author, Legacy of Rescue: A Daughter's Tribute

Professional Speaker & Psychotherapist

http://www.martafuchs.com<http://www.martafuchs.com/>

 CONFIDENTIAL: The Hamlin School This email and attachments are sent by The
Hamlin School and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the email and any
attachments without reading, printing, copying, or forwarding it, and please
notify us. helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx>