[baisl] thank you and farewell

  • From: Marta Fuchs <martafuchs18@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:29:17 -0700

Hello wonderful librarians -- I'd like to thank you for years of great
advice and camaraderie as I prepare to depart from Drew at the end of this
semester after 16 1/2 years . I'm moving on to pursue my professional
speaking career, Holocaust education, clinical work, and writing.
I am grateful to BAISL for awarding me the Professional Development Award
to do research in Hungary for my book, *Legacy of Rescue: A Daughter's
Tribute.* I also appreciate the opportunity afforded me to subsequently
present my research to the membership.

Next month I will be presenting at Bay School for their morning assembly,
relating the story of my father's rescuer to their theme this year
examining decision making. As many of you know, my key message is that each
one of us can make a difference in everyday life.

In December I'll be the featured speaker in a city-wide commemoration in
Santiago, Chile, where I'll also be conducting workshops in Spanish and
Hungarian, and talking with school kids about the Holocaust and my family's
experience, particularly the Righteous Gentile who saved my father and his
slave labor battalion of over 100 Jewish men.  In January, I will be
conducting workshops in London at an international conference for Holocaust
survivors and their descendants.

After December you may reach me at my website, www.martafuchs.com.

Wishing you all a great new academic year!

With gratitude,

Marta

Marta Fuchs, MLS, MFT

Director of Library Services

Drew School | 2901 California St |SF, CA 94115

(415) 409-3739; fax (415) 346-0720

marta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

author, *Legacy of Rescue: A Daughter's Tribute*

Professional Speaker & Psychotherapist

*http://www.martafuchs.com <http://www.martafuchs.com/>*