[baisl] Re: e-book / print "mindset"

  • From: Helen Huber <huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 09:13:05 -0700

Is there a time we can talk later today or some other time>

Helen Huber, CSB Librarian
huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
415-614-5117

Cathedral School for Boys
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

“We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting
each thing that comes up, seeing it as not as dreadful as it appears,
discovering that we have the strength to stare it down.”-Eleanor Roosevelt

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Debbie Abilock <dabilock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear BAISL members

Here’s an interesting presentation
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57047/IASL2015-PresentationFiles/ProfessionalPapers/IASL2015-ProfessionalPresentations/PP090LaMarca_TheExperienceOfReading-ExploringFormat.pdf>
(European schools) on e-book preferences

- Differences in mindset when approaching online reading (slides
24 –)

best,

debbie

"In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future.
The learned usually find themselves equipped to live in a world that no
longer exists." --Eric Hoffer

Abilock, Debbie, Kristin Fontichiaro, and Violet H. Harada, eds. *Growing
Schools: Librarians as Professional Developers
<http://www.abc-clio.com/product.aspx?id=2147513045>*. Santa Barbara:
Libraries Unlimited-ABC CLIO, 2012.