[baisl] Re: budgeting clarification problems

  • From: Cathy Rettberg <crettberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 14:35:28 -0700

I receive an annual budget with spending items broken down by type:
books/DVDs (durable goods, which sometimes means a new book cart or shelf),
online resources, periodical subscriptions, supplies, memberships & dues,
speaker fees, continuing education. The amounts are based on previous
spending (previous year + a percentage increase) and while they aren't
eager to make large increases they are always open to the discussion if
something comes up. The budget is broken out by type of purchase, but all
that really matters is the bottom line, so if I spend supply money on books
that is my own decision.

Cathy

---------
Cathy Rettberg, Head Librarian