[baisl] Re: Want to donate new math textbooks +

  • From: Helen Huber <huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 15:51:50 -0700

Just began doing an inventory. The four boxes that were returned to us are
not textbooks at all-I have 72 new 5th grade GoMath! student workbooks.
There's also assessment materials and 2 crates of manipulatives.
Supplementarity materials and no textbook. If you want it as is, they
could be yours. Otherwise, I'm putting it on Craigslist for free as I need
this to be gone asap.
-Helen

Helen Huber, CSB Librarian
huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
415-614-5117

Cathedral School for Boys
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

“We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting
each thing that comes up, seeing it as not as dreadful as it appears,
discovering that we have the strength to stare it down.”-Eleanor Roosevelt

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Brian Louie <b.louie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you have the quantities of each of the textbooks, manuals, workbooks
etc? I already forwarded this to my teachers, but I know they'll ask me how
many are available :P

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Helen Huber <huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Go Math!
You can scroll through the table of contents in the link below.

https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com/content/hsp/math/hspmath/go_math_2012/na/gr5/se_9780547587684_/launch.html

Helen Huber, CSB Librarian
huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
415-614-5117

Cathedral School for Boys
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108

“We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time,
meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it as not as dreadful as it
appears, discovering that we have the strength to stare it down.”-Eleanor
Roosevelt

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Brian Louie <b.louie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Helen. I can check with my 5th grade teachers...can you take a pic of
the main text book?

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Helen Huber <huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I have tried unsuccessfully to return unused 5th grade math textbooks
(new in box) along with teacher manuals, student workbooks and 2 plastic
boxes of associated math manipulatives. I had imagined I would be able to
donate them to a school that had lost materials in one of the recent fires
but that has not proven to be true. The Red Cross is not accepting such
donations. They are taking up too much room in my library. Does anyone
has a suggestion for a worthy place to donate a class set of materials? My
preference is to offer them locally if possible.
-Thanks for your ideas,

--
Brian Louie
Technology Director