[baisl] Re: Tutors in the Library

  • From: Lori Deibel <Lori_Deibel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:46:14 -0700

We welcome tutors in the Library, but they have to be cleared by our Academic
Dean beforehand. At most, we have about five regular tutors that are here
several days a week (two of them are former teachers!), and we have four tables
that are informally designated for them. It's never been disruptive and I feel
that it's a convenience for our students to be able to meet during their free
period, lunch, after school, whenever they need it.

Lori Deibel, Librarian
The Branson School
(415) 455-7133

From: Rachel Shaw <rshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:23:09 -0700
To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [baisl] Tutors in the Library

Hi BAISL Community,

Many of our students utilize the services of private tutors. The tutors come to
Bay and work with their client during the students’ free block during the
school day. Sometimes I have 4 or 5 tutors in the library at one time. I wanted
to find out from you all if this is a common scenario and what types of systems
your school has in place to monitor this.

-          Do tutors use your library space? How many? How often?

-          Does your school have any type of policy related to tutors and
school (or library) space?

Thank you!

Rachel

[cid:image001.jpg@01CFD7E1.8953FCF0]