[baisl] Re: Tutors in the Library

  • From: Pat Roberts <proberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 10:37:52 -0700

At Sacred Heart Prep in Atherton tutors need to be finger printed (Human
Resources tracks this). A signed permission slip from the parents is
required. Tutors need to complete the online course "Shield the Vulnerable"
and bring in a "Certificate of Completion." Tutors need to sign in each
time they tutor in the library. We do not have very many tutors in the
library. There have not been any this school year. In the past students
have used tutors for SAT prep. We have had a few tutors who would use the
library on a regular basis. That may happen again later this year.

Pat Roberts

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Rachel Shaw <rshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi BAISL Community,
>

> Many of our students utilize the services of private tutors. The tutors
> come to Bay and work with their client during the students’ free block
> during the school day. Sometimes I have 4 or 5 tutors in the library at one
> time. I wanted to find out from you all if this is a common scenario and
> what types of systems your school has in place to monitor this.
>

> -          Do tutors use your library space? How many? How often?
>
> -          Does your school have any type of policy related to tutors and
> school (or library) space?
>

> Thank you!
>

> Rachel
>

> [image: http://www.bayschoolsf.org/images/bayschool.jpg]