[baisl] Re: Tutors in the Library

  • From: Robin Gluck <rgluck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 18:22:34 +0000

Hi Rachel,

We have private tutors in our library daily.  I have counted 7 different
tutors.  Some are arranged by our learning resources program and others by
families.  They are welcome and we do not have a policy regarding their use of
the library.

Robin Gluck
Librarian
Jewish Community High School
415-345-9777 x 707
www.jchsofthebay.org<http://www.jchsofthebay.org/>

[SignatureLogo (2)]

From: Rachel Shaw <rshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 10:23 AM
To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [baisl] Tutors in the Library

Hi BAISL Community,

Many of our students utilize the services of private tutors. The tutors come to
Bay and work with their client during the students’ free block during the
school day. Sometimes I have 4 or 5 tutors in the library at one time. I wanted
to find out from you all if this is a common scenario and what types of systems
your school has in place to monitor this.

-          Do tutors use your library space? How many? How often?

-          Does your school have any type of policy related to tutors and
school (or library) space?

Thank you!

Rachel

[http://www.bayschoolsf.org/images/bayschool.jpg]