[baisl] Re: To help you plan

  • From: MaryAnn Scheuer <greatkidbooks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 11:16:36 -0700

I just want to chime in to encourage folks to keep the AASL National
Conference in mind as they're planning PD for 2015-16. It's going to be a
terrific conference, with lots of hands-on and inspiring sessions
specifically for school librarians. Here's a link to the website and the
session details:

*AASL National Conference <http://national.aasl.org/>*
November 5-8, 2015
Columbus, OH

As one of the author events co-chairs, I am really excited about the range
of authors we have coming to this conference. The author banquet
<http://national.aasl.org/authors> will focus on diversity, with talks by
Rita Williams-Garcia, Matt de la Pena and Sonia Manzano. Brian Selznick
<http://national.aasl.org/keynotes> will give a keynote for the whole
conference. And the author brunch <http://national.aasl.org/authors> has a
terrific theme: Girls Rock the Fantasy World.

Let me know if you have any questions --

Mary Ann

Mary Ann Scheuer
Great Kid Books
Librarian, Emerson School, Berkeley

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 8:08 AM, Debbie Abilock <dabilock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi BAISL members,

Here’s a conference schedule 2015-2016 --- the list is p. 2, the circle is
eye candy ;-)

https://d3e7x39d4i7wbe.cloudfront.net/static_assets/Conference_Infographic_8.5x11_2.pdf

Some great national conferences in CA next year!

best,

debbie

Debbie Abilock

NoodleTools/NoodleTeach

*Smart tools, smart research, smart teaching*

Abilock, Debbie, Kristin Fontichiaro, and Violet H. Harada, eds. *Growing
Schools: Librarians as Professional Developers
<http://www.abc-clio.com/product.aspx?id=2147513045>*. Santa Barbara:
Libraries Unlimited-ABC CLIO, 2012.

LMC Column “Adding Friction
<https://www.google.com/search?q=Abilock%2C+Debbie+LMC&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=%22Adding+Friction%22+Abilock%2C+Debbie+LMC>

--
Mary Ann

*what I'm reading now: *Stella by Starlight, by Sharon Draper
*what I'm listening to now: *Listen, Slowly, by Thanhha Lai

check out my blog to find new books to read with your kids!
*Great Kid Books <http://greatkidbooks.blogspot.com>*
http://greatkidbooks.blogspot.com