[baisl] Thanksgiving all School Read Aloud/ Discussion Questions

  • From: Debra Cardone <Cardone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 17:51:57 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Have any of you lead an all school read aloud with Thanksgiving books from your
collection?  We are an all girls school, and the Big Sisters are reading short
picture books to their younger sisters.  I have been requested to oversee
Thanksgiving picture  books and discussion questions.

 I just pulled  Caldecott Book titled The Thanksgiving Story by Alice Dalgliesh
 ,and it required a great deal of time and  work regarding concepts and
characteristics of the Native American Indians and Pilgrim culture.  It is
taking me time to create discussion questions for each book.

The activity for reading will only take 30 minutes.  If you have done a
Thanksgiving Read Aloud project or assembly like this one,  please contact me.
There must be an easier way to have students discuss each book?

Thanks for any input,
Debra

Debra Cardone
Head Librarian
Hamlin School
2120 Broadway Street
San Francisco, CA  94115
415-674-5414

 CONFIDENTIAL: The Hamlin School This email and attachments are sent by The
Hamlin School and may contain information that is privileged or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the email and any
attachments without reading, printing, copying, or forwarding it, and please
notify us. helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx