[baisl] Targets and Book Detection Systems

  • From: "Weber, Ann" <aweber@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 22:15:46 +0000

Here is another dilemma. Our 3-M book detection system suffered an electrical
burn-out about a year ago. I had just refused to renew the maintenance plan,
and it cost so much to have a technician come out without the maintenance plan,
that I have not done anything to get it repaired. It has been languishing
without a beep since then. (It is unplugged, as it smokes when plugged in.)
One of my assistants just informed me that we are almost out of paperback
targets. She asked what the point of targeting the books is when the system
doesn't work.
If we stopped targeting and someone in the future gets the book detection
system repaired, we would have some books that could not be detected and some
that could.
What advice do you have to offer me?
Thanks,
Ann

Ann Weber
Director of Library and Research Services
Bellarmine College Preparatory
960 W. Hedding St.
San Jose, CA 9126
(408) 537-0270
www.bcp.org<http://www.bcp.org/>
aweber@xxxxxxx<mailto:aweber@xxxxxxx>

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken
place."
- George Bernard Shaw<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3565.Oscar_Wilde>