[baisl] Re: Printer Paper Waste

  • From: Jo Melinson <jmelinson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 10:14:40 -0800

Hi, Mei,
We don’t charge for copies. Every now and then at morning meeting I show the
kids a stack of wasted (usually because they hit print 10 times because they
were impatient) paper to remind them. I also once drew a picture of the Lorax
with a personal plea from him, since he speaks for the trees, to limit copies.
I taped this to the printer. If the kids don’t remember it from lower school
reading, they recognize it from their World Cultures class where they watch the
movie (yes, they are high schoolers).

We also have a teacher who likes to reuse the wasted paper in his printer.

Jo

> On Jan 7, 2015, at 9:50 AM, Mei Yang <meiyang@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello All,
> We currently have unlimited free printing in the library for all students. In
> the last couple months the amount of paper being used and wasted has been
> incredible!. We're debating whether to implement some kind of copy management
> software and are wondering what others are experiencing.
>
>    - Do you offer free unlimited printing in the library?
>    - If no, how do you manage student printing?
>    - If you use a print copy management system, what is it and what have
>    been the pro/cons?
>
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> Mei
>
> --
> Mei Yang
> Saint Francis High School Library
> 1885 Miramonte Avenue
> Mountain View, CA  94040
> 650-968-1213 x285
> www.sfhs.com <http://www.sfhs.com/>
Jo Melinson
Middle/High School Librarian/Literary Magazine Adviser
Sacramento Country Day School
2636 Latham Drive
Sacramento, CA 95864
916.481.8811