[baisl] New York Times Access

  • From: Jim Sternberg <Jim.Sternberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 22:24:59 +0000

Dear Colleagues;

I am exploring the different options for accessing the online archives of The
New York Times and was wondering which access model you are using? The options
I'm considering are:

1. In-School Access: IP authenticated (no remote access). No access to
The Restricted Archives (1923-1980) $1000+/yr for 500 students or less

2. Registration/Log-in Access: Individual student registration-allows
remote log-in and access to all content @~2000/yr for 500 students or less

3. Academic Passes: Single user access for 24-hr period per pass. Passes
are $0.99/week each

Thanks for sharing any experience you have with any of these access options (or
others I may not be aware of)...and Happy Holidays!

Jim Sternberg
Library Director
The Athenian School
2100 Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd.