[baisl] Library as shared classroom?

  • From: Daina Dickman <daina.dickman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:06:29 -0700

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone else faces teaching library classes while there is
another class in the Library space at the same time.  This is not two
teachers co-teaching a single class, but rather two separate classes of
students being taught separate subjects in the same room.  I would love to
brain storm ideas and work-arounds if anyone else is working with this.
When I have activities or read-alouds planned for my classes it is often
too loud and chaotic to feel like it is any way meaningful to the students
and I think everyone comes out frustrated.

I am at a K-8 school, but the simultaneous classes are in the K-5 range.

Thanks,
Daina