[baisl] Re: LMS' and LibGuides

  • From: Cathy Rettberg <crettberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 10:54:36 -0800

Hi Debbie - absolutely! I find that when I create a guide for a study unit,
the teacher becomes more invested in selecting resources (sending me
additional links, asking if they are authoritative, asking why they are or
are not) and in learning to use the databases that are on the page, because
he/she knows there will be questions from students that need answers.
Making a libguide often results in point-of-need PD which is the best. I
also always leave further development of the guide to the students - I tell
them if they find a great website they can send the teacher or me the link
and we will assess it together. I tell everyone we are all learning
together, all the time.

Cathy

---------
Cathy Rettberg, Head Librarian
Menlo School
Atherton, CA
http://library.menloschool.org

What I'm reading:
*The Fifth Season/*Jemison
*Nimona*/Stevenson

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Debbie Abilock <dabilock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

May I ask…

Do you feel / find that these result in learning for the teachers? I’m
writing a chapter on librarians doing PD and wondering if you’ve got
sense/evidence of changes in thinking, learning, assessing, assigning…

Happy Holidays everyoned!

debbie