[baisl] Introducing myself...

  • From: Elaine Levia <elevia@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:27:53 -0700

Dear BAISL members,

After (finally) sending my membership application, I'm excited to introduce
myself to you. My name is Elaine, and I am following in Robin's fantastic
footsteps as the librarian at Oakland Hebrew Day School. I am a recent
graduate of UCLA's IS program, and found a lot of support while in school
from the local Independent school librarian organization. I spent the
school year at Windward School in Los Angeles before coming to OHDS. I grew
up in the Bay Area, and I'm very happy to be back.

At OHDS, I'm also co-teaching middle school Social Studies. I have
developed a strong set of beliefs regarding integrated ILI in curriculum,
and now I am learning to move it all from theory to practice.

I don't know what I would do without local professional organizations! I
really look forward to meeting everyone soon.

Sincerely,
Elaine

--

Elaine Levia