[baisl] Re: Follett Destiny

  • From: "Thomas, Brian" <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:27:12 +0000

Hi Susan,

I don’t use Destiny, but have been able to adjust embed codes to use on Google
Sites.  I’m guessing that because accessing Destiny’s database is beyond html,
(using SQL or the like) is the reason it’s not working.  I’m sure it’s
possible.  I’m not sure how much tinkering is required.

Brian Thomas
Director of Library Media Services
Saint Mary’s College High School

From: Susan Bogas <sbogas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sbogas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 12:03 PM
To: "baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [baisl] Follett Destiny

Dear members of our collective wisdom!

I would like to add a widget to my library Google Site for searching Destiny.
I have found the html code for doing that in a
LibGuides<http://cp.mcafee.com/d/k-Kr4x8qdEI8FETpuohdTdKc6zBCXbz1JNwQsIToLsSUMqemrIKfCT1P2oVxWVIxcDlnq0GARr4Ws01dQCHoDjw09LPhPXKFIfZvxMVdV6_nKnjh76zDAmkmrIfYJt6OaaJPhONOEuvkzaT0QSyrhdTV55YsYqem1P8UTsS039-uJR5EOwhEjSfYLxYy4tymJIZfGhNSFV_PCr8raxVsxlK5L1jIvY-l9QU02rsjhudCBIxIG7CBQQg2ZjP_DcQg1TQDa1oSCOrbmvL>
 page but it doesn't work on Google Sites. :(  I know that quite a few of you
use Destiny and I am wondering if anyone has been clever enough to write the
code for this.  Unfortunately Follett just tells me that they don't support
widgets.

Thank you in advance!

Susan

--