[baisl] Re: Faculty/Staff Overdue Books

  • From: Pat Roberts <proberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 11:57:20 -0800

This year I'm sending overdue notices automatically every Monday to all
faculty and staff using our Follett Destiny software. Books and DVDs are
checked out for 3 weeks and can be renewed as often as needed. The 3 week
check out period and the weekly notices have been very helpful in reducing
the number of overdue books and DVDs for our faculty and staff.

Pat Roberts
Sacred Heart Preparatory, Atherton

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Tessa Gaddis <tgaddis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

We do not charge faculty/staff for lost books. We do have a due date of 6
months. At the end of the year we print out checkouts and ask people to
mark the books they cannot find so we can replace them.
Best
Tessa Gaddis (Marin Country Day school mcdslrc.weebly.com)

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Laura Mauler <lauramauler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi BAISLers,

What is your library's policy regarding faculty/staff overdue books? When
does a faculty/staff member's book go from just "overdue" to "missing,
needs to be replaced"? When a book does get replaced, do you charge the
faculty member individually (payroll deductions, etc.) or do you charge
their department's budget?

At Drew there historically has not been any due date for faculty/staff,
and there was no charge for replacing any items (the library just
repurchased the book out of its budget). I plan to move away from that
model, and it's always helpful to know what is typical across BAISL before
I go into any policy meetings.

Thanks for your help!

*Laura Mauler, MLIS*
*Librarian*