[baisl] Re: Collection goal for your school population

  • From: Elsa Ouvrard-Prettol <eouvrard-prettol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 14:32:38 -0700

Ann,

I think that's a question we need to ask our administrators. There are
guidelines for libraries, and we are NOT done and over with; we should get
the space we need to host guidelines-meeting collections on top of
everything else we do (study rooms, computer labs, maker lab, etc...).

I actually would love to know: do your students access, use and read the
digital books? Mine are completely set against digital books.

Thank you,

Elsa Ouvrard-Prettol
Natomas Charter School
Sacramento, CA
Library and Media Instructor
Grades 6-12
(916) 928-5353 ext. 1101
eouvrard-prettol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Follow us online!
Instagram: @NCSLibrarian
Twitter: NCSLibrarian
YouTube channel: ElsaPrettol
American Library Association Member

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Weber, Ann <aweber@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, Elsa;

Too bad that Follett’s analysis can’t include what is available in
databases and the GVRL. Since each digital book in Questia, GVRL, and
other digital sources allows unlimited simultaneous users, I think 28 books
per student is excessive. Where would you store them for 1600 students?

Ann