[baisl] Re: Collection Size / Going Bookless

  • From: Jole Seroff <jseroff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:05:42 -0700

Castilleja School Library serves about 425 girls in grade 6 through 12 and
close to 100 employees. Our collection numbers around 16,000. While ebooks
have been a positive and successful addition for us, it has definitely been
an addition and not a replacement for a paper circulation. I will echo the
comments of others that students, parents, and employees all feel strongly
about the value of our library's resources.
I wish you the best of luck in your project. Please reach out to us if we
can offer more assistance.
Jole
On Oct 12, 2015 2:02 PM, "Laura Mauler" <lauramauler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Will anyone please share the total number of books in their collection,
and if possible their total number of enrolled students?

I am facing an administration-instigated overhaul of the library into a
learning commons/makerspace, and the initial renderings have us going
bookless. I need to make the case for keeping a robust and healthy print
collection, not just a few token books for themed displays (the designers'
actual suggestion); I'm hoping to use the size of your collections to
support my case.

We are meeting on this tomorrow morning, so your data is needed ASAP!

Thank you in advance for helping me fight for our print collection!

*Laura Mauler, MLIS*
*Librarian*
Drew School
2901 California Street