[baisl] Re: Collection Size / Going Bookless

  • From: Carla McDowell <cmcdowell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:40:12 -0700

Dear Laura,
Here at York School, we have 9600 books and 282 active patrons. Hope that
helps...Carla

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Laura Mauler <lauramauler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Will anyone please share the total number of books in their collection,
and if possible their total number of enrolled students?

I am facing an administration-instigated overhaul of the library into a
learning commons/makerspace, and the initial renderings have us going
bookless. I need to make the case for keeping a robust and healthy print
collection, not just a few token books for themed displays (the designers'
actual suggestion); I'm hoping to use the size of your collections to
support my case.

We are meeting on this tomorrow morning, so your data is needed ASAP!

Thank you in advance for helping me fight for our print collection!

*Laura Mauler, MLIS*
*Librarian*
Drew School
2901 California Street