[baisl] Re: BAISL Bylaws Proposed Amendments -- please read

  • From: Becky Zeren <bzeren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 17:09:29 -0700

Thanks for everyone's careful considerations of changes and clarification
of answers to common questions. Once again, major responsibilities at
Trinity School prevent me from attending. This year's Book Fair, CAIS
accreditation team visit, and now Celebration of Learning (a two week deal)
have conflicted with meeting schedules.

If there is any interest, I would be willing to host an informal afternoon
meeting of elementary librarians in the Bay Area next school year.

Also, in the fall, before winter recess, I would be willing to share
information about Gilder Lehrman and NEH Summer Workshops. I will be
attending my 4th GLI at Mt. Vernon this summer (Un of Edinburgh on
Jefferson last summer was amazing) and my 8th NEH Landmarks of American
History (this summer, The Most Southern Place on Earth, in Cleveland,
Mississippi).

2015-16 will be my 30th and final year as a teacher and librarian at
Trinity School.

Wishing everyone the best, Becky Zeren

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 9:23 PM, Carolyn Karis <blueslibrary@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Dear BAISL Members,

Please read the proposed amendments to the BAISL Bylaws posted on the
BAISL Website http://www.baisl.org/ The amendments concern the budget
and membership.

The direct link to the posted proposals of the Bylaws Committee is at
http://www.baisl.org/general/3281195 [Note: you will need to Login to
read the forum posting containing the proposals.]

These amendments will be presented for consideration and voting at the
BAISL Spring Meeting on May 5th, at San Francisco Friends School, 250
Valencia Street, San Francisco 94103, 9 am to 3 pm.

BAISL ByLaws Committee,
Lissa Crider
Judy Scudder
Carolyn Karis