[baisl] Re: Anyone doing college readiness courses?

  • From: "Lemon, Katy" <klemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: baisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:21:50 -0700

Yes, please do share your plans. We spend so much time preparing them for
college, many of them are woefully unprepared for life when they get there.

Katy Lemon

Katy Lemon

Librarian
klemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Presentation High School
2281 Plummer Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
408-264-1664 ex. 2433

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Robin Gluck <rgluck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Michele,

We have a loose collection of workshops that we offer seniors the last two
weeks of school. The topics depend on faculty interest. Last year there
was one on buying a used car. I did a workshop on college research and
libraries. We also had a panel of alums talk about their transition to
college.

Feel free to follow-up if we need more detail. And please share your
plans! We'd love to benefit from your research.

Thanks,

Robin Gluck
JCHS Librarian

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Michele Martin <
michele.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

My school is implementing a program for second-semester seniors to help
prep them with real-life skills for college. We're in the brainstorming
stage at this point, and plan to cover things like laundry,
shopping/cooking, budgeting, changing a tire/basic car care, interviewing
skills, campus security awareness, etc.

Is anyone's school is already doing such a program, and if so, would you
be willing to share what you are doing, how it's going, best practices, and
any general words of wisdom?

Thanks so much!

Best,

*Michele Martin*

*Director of Information Science (Librarian)Sonoma Academy2500 Farmers
LaneSanta Rosa, CA 95404707.545.1770 <707.545.1770>*

--

[image: SignatureLogo]

*Robin Gluck*

*Librarian*

Jewish Community High School of the Bay
1835 Ellis Street, San Francisco, CA 94115
www.jchsofthebay.org | rgluck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Empowering Individuals | Enriching Community | Embracing Pluralism*

--
Katy Lemon

Librarian
klemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx